University Collections provides support to all of IU's collections. This support is divided into the following areas: Collections Support, Campus Art Accession and Deaccession, Exhibit Proposals, and Building/Space Rental.
Assistance Provided by IU Collections
University Collections provides support to units, university-wide, to ensure that all of IU's collections are properly cared for, documented, and displayed. Support includes:
- Policy and plan development
- Strategic planning, project planning, policy templates
- Environmental remediation
- Mold, water, other damage
- IT support and Collections Management System (CMS) integration
- Centralized CMS to make collections materials discoverable, digital interactives troubleshooting
- Collection/building moves
- Moving supplies, personnel, preservation assistance
- Collection organization and documentation
- Exhibition consultation
- Display fabrication
To request assistance with any of the services listed on this page, please email us at email@example.com.
The Campus Art team oversees the conservation of interior and exterior public art on all of Indiana University's campuses. This work includes the management of a university-wide database of art, installation of art, accession and deaccession work, and tracking of art loans.
To request assistance regarding the accession, deaccession, or preservation of your unit's public art, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Collections at McCalla exhibits cultural, scientific, and creative materials found in collections university-wide. UC's role in supporting all types of collections and faculty activity, regardless of discipline, has made these exhibits diverse. McCalla features seven galleries and one media gallery. Each gallery is approximately 760 square feet.
Current and past collaborations
- Department of Art History
- Eskenazi School of Art, Architecture + Design
- Indiana Geological and Water Survey
- IU Dentistry Library at IUPUI
- IU Southeast Scientific Collections
- IU Paleontology Collection
- The Sage Collection
- The Kinsey Institute
- IU Libraries Moving Image Archive
- IU Libraries University Archives
- IU Libraries Wylie House Museum
If your IU collection is interested in exhibiting at McCalla, please email us at email@example.com.
The McCalla Building is available for events and classes. The building has the following spaces available to rent:
- Maximum capacity 150, 60 with tables and chairs
- AV equipment: PC, keyboard, mouse, Blu-ray/DVD player, HDMI for laptop, speakers, infrared assisted-listening
- 12,000 lumen 4k laser video projector
- 2 wireless lapel microphones, 2 wireless hand-held microphones, 2 motorized pan/tilt/zoom cameras for video conferencing.
- Catering space for outside food and drink.
- Accessible restrooms.
- Seminar Room
- Capacity 14
- AV Equipment
- PC, 85" plasma TV, wireless projection system, Assisted-listening technology, HDMI connection for laptop, full-room microphones
- Capacity 20
- AV Equipment
- PC, projector, assisted-listening technology, document camera, HDMI connection for laptop input, adjustable height desks, instructor-only microphones
This hands-on learning environment brings collections to students' and community members' fingertips. The space includes reconfigurable tables for spreading out collections items, a computer, projector, LCD monitor, and lockable storage for rare and valuable collections materials.
Space rental also includes access to exhibits featured in the eight galleries. No food or drink are allowed in the galleries. To check availability and to request space for an event at McCalla, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.